At Interstate the role of Front End Developer is key to delivering the vision, expectations, and creative experience. You will be tasked to produce and manage work of the highest technical standard and in line with technical and scheduling requirements, always with the objective to achieve best in class products.
You will be expected to manage requirements from client and internal teams with confidence.
You will be involved throughout the entire project lifecycle; often starting with rapid prototypes but ultimately building amazing production-ready code.
You will work alongside the Director of Interactive and with the design team, to identify gaps and monitor design for feasibility, but you are also not shy to inform the experience design through a technical eye.
Working closely with the other members of the Digital Team and wider studio, the Front End Developer’s role will involve:
- Confidently managing requirements from client and internal teams.
- Involvement throughout the entire project lifecycle - prototyping to production-ready code
- Identifying gaps and monitoring designs for feasibility.
- Informing experience design through a technical eye.
- Producing and managing work to the highest technical standard.
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
- Have desire to develop high quality user experiences for web and mobile.
- Love shaping consumers’ experience and are obsessed with every detail.
- Never stop learning.
- Love what you do.
- Thorough, organised and diligent, with great attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Keen to ask questions, learn and progress.
- Able to work independently.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle pressure and keep up in a dynamic environment.
- Appreciation of creativity and design.
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
- At least 4 years’ agency experience.
- Can use Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator, love SVG
- Ability to write vanilla JS.
- Be capable to implement CSS frameworks.
- Have long term experience translating comps into semantically correct code.
- Experience integrating HTML-based content with systems.
- Experience with source control.
- Working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility.
- Advanced understanding of web standards and practices including SEO and accessibility.
- In depth understanding of cross-browser, front-end development issues and optimisation techniques.
- CSS animation techniques, hand written, frameworks, the lot. Do SASS, LESS and more
- Interested in new technologies and willing to embrace some
- Will to mentor/work with other developers.
To give you a clear picture of the day-to-day role, you will be required to:
- Produce prototypes, research new technologies and share findings, participate in briefings.
- Write production-ready code that turns design into feasible, first class digital experience.
- Be responsible for delivery of all your projects/tasks; communicating with the Director of Interactive and Digital Team and wider studio effort.
Contribute to the effective, productive and happy running of the studio and internal initiatives. We value your ideas, let’s hear them.
If you’ve read this far and think you could be the one for us, we’d love to hear
from you. In the first instance we will need to see:
- Your current resume
- Link to projects/repositories
We have high standards and expect a lot, but in return offer an exciting role that you can make your own and could take you to far flung places - this could be just the beginning.