The role will be studio-based in our London studio. The Digital Designer role is key to create and shape creative concepts and experiences across a number of digital media.
You are precise, progressive and detail-oriented, focus on design innovation, and new ways of delivering information graphically, confident in your craft and can give and take direction. You are comfortable designing for new briefs but can respond to established design direction. You understand UX conventions, user patterns, what should be done and can break the rules too.
You will work alongside the Director of Interactive, the design and dev teams, to brainstorm concepts, executing creative, presenting to clients and internal teams.
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
- Have desire to develop high quality user experiences.
- At least 4 years experience in agency environment and a portfolio to show
- Love shaping consumers’ experience and are obsessed with every detail.
- Love what you do.
- Thorough, organised and diligent, with great attention to detail.
- Keen to ask questions, learn and progress.
- Able to work independently.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle pressure and keep up in a dynamic environment.
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
- Exceptional craft and an eye for detail
- An exciting portfolio.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile, kiosks etc.
- A user centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery.
- Fluent in industry standard tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch and various prototyping tools
- Technical understanding across production and digital channels and formats including web build, mobile, cross platform systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To give you a clear picture of the day-to-day role, you will be required to:
- Create great work and share findings, participate in briefings.
- Be responsible for delivery of all your projects/tasks; communicating with the Director of Interactive and Digital Team and wider studio effort.
- Design websites and digital products that are user-centred, creatively ambitious, and grounded in solid strategic thinking;
- Create design systems and execute pixel-perfect design for responsive web, with the ability to tackle occasional product design needs;
- Work collaboratively with a high-performing teams of UX designers, creatives, developers, producers, and strategists to create award winning interactive experiences;
- Cultivate a personal sense of taste, mood and references;
- Embody an ever-learning and curious mindset that works to develop multiple ideas and iterate quickly;
- Present your own work with confidence and clearly explain your rationale.
Contribute to the effective, productive and happy running of the studio and internal initiatives. We value your ideas, let’s hear them.
If you’ve read this far and think you could be the one for us, we’d love to hear
from you. In the first instance we will need to see:
- Your current resume
- Link to projects/repositories
We have high standards and expect a lot, but in return offer an exciting role that you can make your own and could take you to far flung places - this could be just the beginning.