The role will be studio-based in our London studio.
At Interstate the role of Senior Designer is key to realising the world-class creative solutions we are known for.
The role can be highly conceptual one day, through to carrying out design application and overseeing artwork the next.
Working closely with the other members of the Design Team and wider studio, the Senior Designer’s role will involve:
- Producing amazing ideas for our diverse, international clients.
- Originating creative concepts for brand identities and a wide range of communications.
- Developing concepts into fully designed applications.
- Seeing projects through from initial conception to final production.
- Supporting and inspiring the design team.
- Providing guidance and mentorship for junior members of the team.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our clients, in a truly entrepreneurial creative consultancy.
What we are looking for:
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
Have desire to develop high quality user experiences.
- At least 4 years experience in agency environment and a strong portfolio to show
- Love shaping user experiences and are detail obsessed
- Love what you do
- Thorough, organised and diligent, with great attention to detail
- Keen to ask questions, learn and progress
- Able to work independently
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
Exceptional craft and an eye for detail.
Experience designing new, innovative approach to content across different platforms.
A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery.
Fluent in industry standard tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch and other prototyping tools.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Create great work. Share findings and lead briefings.
Be responsible for delivery of all your projects/tasks; communicating with the Director of Interactive and Creative Technology Team and wider studio.
Create and own design systems, execute pixel-perfect design with the ability to tackle occasional product design needs.
Work collaboratively with our high-performing team of UX designers, creatives, developers, producers, and strategists to create award-winning interactive experiences.
Cultivate a personal sense of taste, mood and references.
Embody an ever-learning and curious mindset that works to develop multiple ideas and iterate quickly.
Present your own work with confidence and clearly explain rationale.