The role is currently remote, however it will be studio-based in our London studio, once we can work together safely again. The Senior Account Manager is a key role within the Client Services team, looking after a diverse range of projects across a range of clients. Working closely with the other members of the team and wider studio, the Senior Account Manager’s role will involve:
- Becoming a key point of contact between Interstate, our clients and suppliers.
- Determining and scoping requirements.
- Estimating, budgeting and cost control.
- Scheduling - development and monitoring of timing plans.
- Briefing our creative and creative technology teams.
- Managing the design development process.
- Evaluating creative work.
- Managing workflow within the agency.
- Supporting the senior Client Services team.
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
- At least 8 years’ agency experience with a minimum of 4 years under your belt at Account Manager level and demonstrable experience managing digital projects.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Tactful and persuasive.
- A tenacious problem solver.
- Calm, patient and resilient - able to handle pressure.
- Logical and organised, methodical and systematic.
- Thorough and diligent, with great attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise and multi-task.
- Keen to ask questions, learn and progress. Ambitious.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Flexible, with the ability to keep up in a dynamic environment.
- Appreciation of creativity and design.
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Confident in negotiation.
- Great attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Solid on finances, including quoting and cost control (supported by our excellent Finance team).
- Logical - filing/archiving.
- Strong knowledge of Apple iWork and Microsoft Office suites.
- Clean driving licence.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
To give you a clear picture of the day-to-day role, you will be need to handle:
- Gain an understanding of the clients’ business; this may include market dynamics, trends, competition, commercial objectives etc.
- Establish a positive and professional day-to-day working relationship with the client, ensuring that they are kept updated and confident we’re doing great work for them.
- Be the go-to person for your projects; communicating with and co-ordinating the Partner team, Creative team, Creative Technology team and suppliers to ensure a seamless team effort.
- Manage the design development and production management process in line with agreed schedules and budgets, from initial conception through to final delivery (of artwork or implemented materials) including print production.
- Attend client meetings and be the main point of contact to ensure actions are completed.
Management & administration:
- Scope and prepare proposals, briefs and estimates, working with the Client Services Team, Finance Team and Partners for guidance and approval. This will include new business opportunities.
- Manage the project scope from beginning to completion, ensuring that all terms of work and contracts are produced and signed by both parties, plus identifying and liaising with the client immediately if and when additional work needs to be covered by a new estimate.
- Prepare account admin including project status reports, contact reports, timing plans and scheduling of client and project team meetings.
- Prepare project timings and ensuring project deadlines and commitments are met.
- Ensure Interstate delivers all work as agreed in the initial proposals or documents thereafter.
- Agree and document licensing details (including fee negotiations) for external work such as illustration, copy writing and photography as necessary and in line with discussions with the Partners.
- Agree and document licensing agreements for the use stock imagery for specific projects.
- Assist with the scheduling and management of resource to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Keeping the team aware of any change to resource needs, expectations deadlines etc.
- Be proactive in further developing existing client relationships, identifying new opportunities or repeat business.
- Identify and seek new business opportunities, and assist the Partners in doing so.